View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Making fun of her voice, songwriting, performances, and behavior? 100% fair game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So IF this woman was skinny, she would be fair game? But because she's not, she can't have fun poked at her? Is that the level of PC that we've reached? Someone skinny CAN be mocked for looking like an idiot, but someone who's heavy is IMMUNE from mockery? If so, that is TRULY a double standard.

Think about it.
I'm not defending the pic, but I do wonder why we categorize certain things as okay to make fun of and not others. I wouldn't make fun of someone's weight, but I wouldn't make fun of someone's performance either. I can have my opinions on both, but I don't need to vocalize them to get a laugh or make someone feel bad.

I guess I feel the same way about the forum rules. I could post the nastiest, most vulgar insult my twisted mind could come up with about Stevie, and no one would bat an eye, but even a mild criticism of Michele or David or Johnny Stew would get me reprimanded, even banned if I kept it up. The argument is that Stevie is a celebrity and it comes with the territory and she's a big girl and can handle it, and while that is true, I am a big boy and can handle it too, but I certainly don't want to be talked about that way; no one does. I suppose I understand it on a certain level, but talking trash about people, especially to get a laugh or be hurtful, seems kind of sh**ty to me, and I don't know why it matters who you're talking about.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 05-29-2015 at 02:08 PM..