View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I'm not defending the pic, but I do wonder why we categorize certain things as okay to make fun of and not others. I wouldn't make fun of someone's voice, but I wouldn't make fun of someone's performance either. I can have my opinions on both, but I don't need to vocalize them to get a laugh or make someone feel bad.

I guess I feel the same way about the forum rules. I could post the nastiest, most vulgar insult my twisted mind could come up with about Stevie, and no one would bat an eye, but even a mild criticism of Michele or David or Johnny Stew would get me reprimanded, even banned if I kept it up. The argument is that Stevie is a celebrity and it comes with the territory and she's a big girl and can handle it, and while that is true, I am a big boy and can handle it too, but I certainly don't want to be talked about that way; no one does. I suppose I understand it on a certain level, but talking trash about people, especially to get a laugh or be hurtful, seems kind of sh**ty to me, and I don't know why it matters who you're talking about.
welcome to the internet ; where obscure people can sit behind keyboards and "comment" ugly, mean-spirited rants.
Not to mention he's mocking her appearance over 25 years ago, in the midst of her addiction to Klonopin. So "he's" not only mocking her weight, but mocking an illness.
Maybe it's the only way certain people can feel better about themselves