View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

I guess I feel the same way about the forum rules. I could post the nastiest, most vulgar insult my twisted mind could come up with about Stevie, and no one would bat an eye, but even a mild criticism of Michele or David or Johnny Stew would get me reprimanded, even banned if I kept it up.
Stevie is not on this board. She need not be a "big girl". It doesn't matter if she can "take it." She isn't even here. Whether she can take the criticism or not is irrelevant. It's fine to insult people who are not here. It's not ok to attack people you're in a conversation with, because they said something you didn't like about your favorite star -- who is not in the conversation, doesn't know about it and doesn't care. I don't know why that's a difficult distinction.

The problem with Homer McVie's post is that coming on the heels of people getting upset about his goat comment, I think it was designed to bait people here and that's not ok. You can speak an opinion, but if you do it with the deliberate intent to make others upset, then that's wrong. If a collateral effect of speaking one's mind is making a protective fan upset, then that fan shouldn't be here.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-29-2015 at 12:51 PM..