View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation POEM

Quote:
Originally posted by becca
I'm sure Dust is an old poem he adapted and set to music.
You're right, according to Samuel Graham's "The authorized history of FM" book, he refers to "Dust" using the "opening stanzas of Rupert Brooke's poem" (though he doesn't say what the poem is called, I assume "Dust" but not sure, any RB fans here?! )

As long as I'm here, yeah I agree, DK's solo stuff needs a few listens (for many people) but it'll definitely work on you the more you get to know the tunes.

As for his FM stuff, I like 'em all too but just to list some here, I'll say one that hit me right away when I heard it and another one from the same album that grew on me and I really enjoy just as much now:

ER: "One sunny day" (right away), "Without you" (grower)
TPO: "Coming your way" (right away), "My dream" (grower)
KH: "Station man" (right away), "Earl Grey" (grower)
FG: "Woman of 1000 years" (right away), "Sands of time" (grower)
BT: "Bare trees" (right away), "Dust" (grower)

It's amazing how high the musical standard Danny had throughout and this doesn't even touch on the "unofficial but legal" stuff, odds and ends, B-sides etc. which was (and are) just as good AND the standard STAYED high through the transformation of FM from a trad blues band through to their pop/rock (or whatver you want t call it) phase! GREAT stuff! I hope Danny conquers his demons someday too.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 02-26-2003 at 07:46 PM..