View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Did anyone mention Mick's book?

Well I didn't find that exact phrase, maybe he wrote it in his second book (that I haven't read and never will). Lindsey's first argument about not touring, that Mick mentions was:

"I'm feeling a lot of pressure," he said quietly. "I know the band should go out, but check it out from my point of view. I just finished Tango and I'm fried. I've got my own album to do. Why should I go out and kill myself on the road?"

Mick also made it clear that having the album in the top ten was not enough for his wallet.

"C'mon, Lindsey," I said. ''If you wanna leave the band, go on the road with us and then go your own way."
Lindsey shook his head. "I don't need this," he said. He made it clear he wasn't prepared to do me any favors that is, tour to help me back on my feet financially.

As I said before, I think Lindsey should have always said I'm not in the tour! to the band and not agreed to 10 weeks and then backed out. If Mick didn't lie in this chapter, Fleetwood Mac had started rehearsing, signing on readies, confirming dates with booking agents. And then he left them. That wasn't good of him either.

I'd like to ask Lindsey about those days, to know his truth. But also the past is in the past so if I had the chance to talk with him, maybe I would ask him different questions and I wouldn't bother him.
OMG I feel like I just watched The Ring and my phone rang and someone said 7 days. What pandora's box did I just open by mentioning Mick's book.

I am Brian and the rest of the board is Stewie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2024 at 05:02 PM..