View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
I know that Rhino wanted to do a Tribute album to Bob Welch and couldn't get permission from the other three members last fall. So take it for what it's worth. Rhino and I even had all the song titles selected for the album, when they could't get an approval from Warners and the three band members.
That's very disappointing.

I know of another case where that initially happened to Rhino over something originally on the Reprise label, but that was sorted out after awhile. The only legitimate reason would be if they were planning to rerelease something themself and that couldn't be true here. This info really does show someone is vengeful to me.

If Bob did something in a state of needing funds badly years ago and someone took offense they need to get over that. Maybe it would help to say there are studies that prove the brain physically changes under prolonged stress or pain, but I don't know. Even if there were no plans to include Bob in the hall of fame honor whatever happened to taking a step of 'generosity' for one's own good and soul? I did mail a letter to the hall a few months ago as one of those few things a mere fan can do, but I guess it's true someone from the group needs to become a bigger person... a.s.a.p.

It's possible non-music centric magazines could have an interest in an article on this situation. I know Rolling Stone would be unlikely rock any industry boats, possibly annoy your biggest advertisers? That's not going to happen.