View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Though the original rhythm section is there, the total absence of the three singers, who probably were the main reason for many people in the late 70s to become Fleetwood Mac fans, makes people (and media, record companies, etc.) not interested in this lineup.

Bekka had a great voice there. But, with all respect, this sounds like a tribute band to me.
Yeah. Its tough when famous singers front your band and the drummer/bassist are original and want to go on. Mick has looked back and written regret making the band go on. However you must put it in context. Fleetwood Mac was over and you keep doing what you want to do to keep you busy and make a few bucks. Your other option is to sit home and think of older days. Part of me admires the effort to keep the band relevant. There is that other part that makes you realize you need to stop. For those that flame them for doing classic Mac songs.......this line up needed to. No one was coming to hear songs from Time, an album they never heard of. Some of them realized the singers had changed but they still want to hear those songs. In 1994 I had a chance to see them up close at a nightclub and I passed. You know what, I have regret about that.