View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the thing-- if Carol really wrote the book to deal with and heal from and address the domestic violence issue, then that's the book she should have written. What I mean is, she should have gone through her story of her time with Lindsey, but in telling it she should have applied her wisdom gained over time to point out where she should have recognized the signs of trouble in that relationship, what she would have done differently knowing what she knows now, and so on. Have some INSIGHTS. Instead, what we got was a gushy, breathless fangirl account that has some serious inaccuracies. There is no reflection in the book.. it's like really she wants to impress you with how she was somehow part of the band. Yes she was in the circle around the band. Yes she may well have supported Lindsey emotionally by catering to him during those years. What I would have be interested in were her thoughts about all that NOW-- why did she so willingly give up her self to be in that relationship? What did she do after she broke up with him to get back to a normal life? What were the red flags she missed? I mean, we all see them clear as day in her story and she never acknowledges them. Maybe a better editor could have helped it. who knows.