View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That lack of reflection was one of my major issues with the book (apart from deliberately omitting and changing the truth to imply a certain dynamic/whatever that evidently wasn't true....). She just seemed so strangely naiive about a lot of things. I felt like it was a young woman (who saw herself as, alternately, Lindsey's victim and his saviour) writing it, not someone much older who'd had a life since then and had THOUGHT about it. Instead, we get sections that really do read like flowery fanfiction.

And that's fine. Obviously, the conversations are constructed from memory and errors will slip through the cracks. Her attitude NOW, however, to anybody who thinks there might be errors is the huge claim that not a single WORD in that book is untrue. Which is just... Well, it's silly.

And I may be holding a little grudge because of her public insults to me but heigh ho, I maintain her position on the issue of truth is somewhat childish.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"