View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Carols' book was one of my favorites of all the FM related books I've read. Yes, money was a factor c'mon, it makes the world go round! As far as the abuse, Carol was a 21 year old young woman, I can say that how she portrayed her experience is how many young woman would given her situation and age at the time. It's a very unique experience to be the gf of a member of one of the biggest bands in the world. I really admire the fact that instead of allowing many years of callused bitterness (although I'm sure there was some) to cloud the true emotions she felt at the time, she told it how it was, and I found that authentic. Speaking personally, I could relate in many ways to how she felt being in an abusive relationship. Maybe that's why It hit home?

In some sort of weird way vindication even closure might have been the driving force as opposed to just monetary gain. I'm glad I got to read about that side of Lindsey, and I don't judge him in the least bit because we all make mistakes and have our own struggles we're dealing with. Because Lindsey is so private, I actually really appreciated learning the good the bad and the ugly from someone as close to him as Carol.

The one that irked me... Carol gosh darn it, you slept with Dennis Wilson! She couldn't be upfront with it and in doing so made me discredit her a bit.