View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post

"Tooooommmmmm, why are you micing the red dozen roses? They're all lit up and it's REALLY neat!", or whatever that quote is. Someone, audio, please.
Here you go...

Download Stevie Nicks - Stevie On Drugs (Tom and the Red Roses)

The best part is...

"Tommmmm...I know you're on the moon, but...."

My other favourites...

From Rolling Stone in 1980

In an hour or so, things are edgy again. New material isn't working out. Serious drinking is under way. Stevie Nicks comes over during a short break.

"That song!" She is talking about "Go Your Own Way," Buckingham's song.

"The harmony part is too high and I have to hurt and strain every time I sing it." She is upset, a little tipsy. She leans forward and whispers something to me in a voice that seems to silly to be serious.

"Now, I want you to know-that line about 'shacking up'? I never shacked up with anybody when I was with him! People will hear the song and think that! I was the one who broke up with him."

She smiles conspiratorially.

"All he wanted to do was fall asleep with that guitar."

And these two aren't really funny, but they always tug at my heart strings, much like her lyrics...

From Mick's Book...so take it with a grain of salt perhaps but apparently it's actually from a BBC interview?

"I gave Lindsey up...he's a thing of my past. I hope he finds what he's searching for, and I hope he's happy, and I wish him well. And there's nothing left to say."

And this, much more full-circle quote from Mojo in 2003

“Now I just adore him,” says Nicks, with ravishing candour. “He is my love. My first love and my love for all time. But we can’t ever be together. He has a lovely wife, Kristen, who I really like, and they are expecting their third child. The way he is with his children just knocks me out. I look at him now and just go, Oh, Stevie, you made a mistake!”

She leans forward. “But when we go on-stage together we are able to experience our love affair again - and again and again! For two and a half hours, four times a week...There isn’t really anybody in my life - it wouldn’t be good for me now anyway, I’m always away. But when hard times come over the next 20 or 30 years, when people we love die, he’ll be the first person I’ll call. Knowing that now, I think he has been able to let go of all the nasty things that happened and realise that, like I said to him, Lindsey, you’ll always have me. I’m always a phone call away. So you get it all.”

Apparently I'm just a big un-shipper...don't think they're still together or anything, but I'm fascinated and captivated by their history and the ongoing emotion, etc, whatever...

Okay...I'm done now