View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
True! And her harmonic vocabulary is pretty rich. Coming from the blues, she brings a whole other dimension to the music. Without her, Fleetwood Mac may still possess vitality, which is fun to listen to and watch, but they lack a certain musical sophistication that one hears even before LB and SN joined--that bluesy, jazz-inflected pop one can hear on Bad Loser, Prove Your Love, the underlining chords of Remember Me, her reading of Welch's Keep on Going...all of this is indispensable stuff in the overall mix of the Rumours lineup, not only with her songs but with her contributions on the others' tunes. Her keyboards on Dreams for instance are essential to the texture of the tune--and clearly her conception. Her background vocals on that tune, as well as a number of others, pitches the music into another territory beyond Eagles rock. Lindsey may be the resident "genius" but she is equally responsible for the band's unique musical quality.
The keyboard solo at the end of Crystal, for example, gives the song a completely different dimension. As Lindsey sings, "To the sea..ee..ee.." She does a call/response which reminds me of the waves of the sea crashing in and out...

Come to find out, Christine said she was living with John in Malibu in a flat right on the coast. She was actually near the ocean a lot. I truly believe that it creeped it's way into that album. I can hear it in a few places. Even the car horn in Sugar Daddy reminds me of her making her way back to LA in her convertable.