View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I never, ever understood that whole situation. It feels like Lindsey felt like maybe if he aligned himself with the devil he'd reap better rewards... but all he did was let the devil in where he could do more damage. How Lindsey thought he was somehow being smart by making Irving his manager is really a sad commentary on Lindsey's ability to judge someone's character.
Yeah I never understood that either. I don't remember, was Irving already managing Stevie when Lindsey came onboard? If so, that's insane that he thought that was a good idea. Maybe he thought it would be easier to navigate Fleetwood Mac projects if Irving managed both of them and it was all under one roof?

I can only conclude that the majority of conversations leading up to Lindsey moving over to Irving must have taken place with Irving's staff and not Irving himself. His staff must of blown a lot of smoke up his a** and somehow convinced him Irving was the right fit. What was Irving's angle!? It's pretty clear that Lindsey's solo work was never as commercial, what's in it for him? Complete business control over Fleetwood Mac I suppose.