Thread: 1973
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
"Fake Fleetwood Mac" thing? ( I'm clueless about pre-1975, for the most part, although I like much of the music. )

Anyway, I'm sure they worked very hard and had high-standards, but still, I think comparatively, it was somewhat less intense back then. Many more people involved post-1974, also, I bet. It brings to mind Mick's comment in Destiny Rules about "sometimes I wonder" (whether it's actually necessary to have a Record Company). Sort of a "too many cooks spoil the broth" kinda thing, perhaps....

I think Mick and John would freely admit to moments pre-1975 that at least matched anything that came after in the intensity stakes. Particularly trying to continue a tour while your guitarist is screwing your wife - I mean, how intense do you want? Also having your main songwriter (Kirwan) losing his marbles and everyone not speaking to him for months - do you sack him or wait and hope he gets back to normal? And like having Jeremy Spencer just disappear into nowhere mid-tour, and you have to take a few days out to find him, thinking maybe he's dead... apart from the aforementioned manager-hiring-new-guys-to-impersonate-you-without-you-knowing trip...

I know that things got pretty wound up in the late 70s, but by then Mac was absolutely no stranger to intensity