Thread: The Gay Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Uuuugh.

I was stupid enough to read some of the comments section of a "coming out" youtube video.

I am genuinely so sad right now. How do gay youtubers handle all this crap?
The comments section on YouTube brings out the worst in a lot of people. Saying that, the people who upload their videos to YouTube about private and delicate matters can't expect everyone to be positive, the internet sadly doesn't work like that. If the comments left on a persons video bothers them that much they can easily disable them using their account settings. I know I'll probably get criticised for writing this, but one thing that annoys me about a lot of people in my generation is their urgency to talk about themselves and their lives openly on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogger, etc. I know that people uploading videos about being gay and coming out might help other people in the same situation, and this is obviously a good thing, but a lot of it just comes across as incredibly self-involved. There's a time and a place for things, YouTube isn't always it. I know if I was coming out I wouldn't want to sit in front of a camera and tell thousands or even millions of people about it, especially as the video could be seen by people I'd rather not see it. Each to their own.