View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The year-plus making Tango I think drove Lindsey up the wall. In fact, I think Mick proved to be a far bigger downer for Lindsey than Stevie was. Stevie at least was gone for months and then popped in only for a few days. Mick was lying around Lindsey’s trailer the entire time, drunk and shirtless. With Stevie gone most of the time, Lindsey didn’t have to worry about tending to her needs, but Mick needed caretaking (or corralling) every day. I think Mick was the biggest drag on Lindsey’s emotional well-being that year, because John and Stevie were mostly out of sight, out of mind.

And sure enough, at the Long Beach Sports Arena shindig in summer 1986, Mick was bopping all over the stage during Stevie’s set but didn’t interact at all with Lindsey on his set. I think 1986 was a very, very bad year for Lindsey and Mick. When Lindsey finally decided he didn’t want to tour, I think that was a scream of frustration and disappointment at Mick, not Stevie. You can avoid Stevie on a big Mac tour, but you can’t avoid Mick — he’s making too many baked decisions that affect you (and your pocketbook). By the time the band was cementing bookings, Stevie was off coke, but Mick was not. I’m sure Lindsey knew.

The real shattered friendship through the years was always Lindsey and Mick, not Lindsey and Stevie.
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing. It was Stevie that took the part of trying to convince Lindsey to tour and he blew up on her. But it was not really her that probably annoyed him the most. I think in Mick's book he mentions that Lindsey threw it in Mick's face that he "did the album, was that not enough." i.e. meaning the album is a success, Mick has money...I can't take it anymore.
If I had to insert an audio clip it would be Mick on the Tango video "time bomb of human incompetence" I suppose he was talking about himself.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2024 at 01:21 PM..