View Single Post
Old 12-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I saw this .I believe it is an old quote from Dave back when they started work on IYD. The creative well has long ago run dry and she exists now as an oldies touring act making occasional guest appearances on other people's songs. You can stick a fork in the dried up old nightbird. Creatively she has croaked her last croak.
I know… imagine being 75 or however old she is and not releasing albums anymore. Instead, she’s just touring, apparently something she loves to do. It’s pathetic and I feel sorry for her that at her age, she’s all dried up creatively. In the meantime, I’m looking forward to turning 65 so I can retire and never make another report again. Guess I’m drying up, too.

Sorry for my sarcasm, BombaySapphire3, but Stevie is really in a no-win situation on this board- if she doesn’t record anymore, people say she’s dried up; if she does record again, people say she should’ve quit while she was ahead because her voice has changed.

She doesn’t have to record for money, and she probably doesn’t write songs anymore. After 75 years, she’s earned the right to not record anymore. I say the exact same thing about Lindsey. If he were to quit releasing albums, he’s earned that right.