View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
If Fleetwood Mac didn’t have a singer in 1974, Mick would have recalled the Buckingham Nicks album and said I want that lady from the album and not the guy.
Again, that assumes Mick understood the context of what he was listening to. Keith said Mick wanted “that guitarist from that band you played me.” It wasn’t an “and not” thing. That’s a massive overstatement. Mick was only there to audition the studio and dug the guitar playing. With Welch appearing to be on his way out, maybe the guitars hit a little harder than they would have, otherwise.

That said, if Fleetwood Mac had had a significant history of having a vocalist up to that point and the vibe was their vocalist was about to quit, I have no doubt he would have been more focused on the vocalist, even if only subconsciously.

Quote:
Re: the 2018 setlist…do you think Lindsey wanted to do the same setlist as OWTS or to do new songs like they did on Live 2013 and then release an EP or album later?
Lindsey was pretty vocal about wanting to make a new album, even after LBCM. I don’t think he liked the idea of going beyond the 1975-87, 97 works.

THE Stephen Hopkins