View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, and look carefully at some of the things Stevie has said about their relationship over the years "Chris and I didn't have anyone else to talk to" "We only had each other" i.e. in this world of all men.

By the time they get to even the recording of Rumours, Stevie had her coterie of girlfriends, certainly starting with Robin and then Mary (who Richard says met Stevie after she, Mary, started dating Richard and was hanging around them all the time) and her closeness with Chris changed to more colleagues in the band rather than personal friends who hung out outside of work and confided their secrets. Once the band circle began to grow and include more women, Stevie got her friendship from those other women more than Chris.

And of course Chris has always said about herself that she was more of a tomboy, that she loved the company of men and tended to hang out more with men. I just don't ever see Chris staying up all night doing her makeup and trying on different outfits and taking selfies.