Thread: One More Night
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I wonder where and when this demo was recorded. First thought it was during Tusk sessions, since the Live album was released just finishing the tour. But in that case why they didn't include in the Deluxe or Expanded releases.

And her voice sounds so young it makes me think it was recorder years before.
It’s not a demo. The band played this live at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Details are sketchy. They did a couple of days at the venue on Sept. 3 and 4, 1980, just a few days after their final night of the tour. Lord knows why they did these two extra days — “for crew and friends,” the album says, though why the crew needed to hear the band play two more times after being on the road with them for a year, only the crew could say. So they played these two “shows” or whatever they were, recording “One More Night,” “Fireflies,” and “Farmer’s Daughter” several times, and I don’t know whether they played a full set or an evening full of blues or showtunes or what. Maybe the plan was to film something for TV or prepare a live album (at the time, the plan was to release the show on Sept. 1 as a two-LP live album). Maybe the plan was to add post-production to the very raw live tracks, like “Sara” and “Over and Over.”

The guy to ask would be Biff Dawes, who recorded the two days. He may be on Instagram or FB.

moviekinks.blogspot.com