Thread: One More Night
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s not a demo. The band played this live at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Details are sketchy. They did a couple of days at the venue on Sept. 3 and 4, 1980, just a few days after their final night of the tour. Lord knows why they did these two extra days — “for crew and friends,” the album says, though why the crew needed to hear the band play two more times after being on the road with them for a year, only the crew could say. So they played these two “shows” or whatever they were, recording “One More Night,” “Fireflies,” and “Farmer’s Daughter” several times, and I don’t know whether they played a full set or an evening full of blues or showtunes or what. Maybe the plan was to film something for TV or prepare a live album (at the time, the plan was to release the show on Sept. 1 as a two-LP live album). Maybe the plan was to add post-production to the very raw live tracks, like “Sara” and “Over and Over.”

The guy to ask would be Biff Dawes, who recorded the two days. He may be on Instagram or FB.

the vocal on Fireflies is an overdub. Lindsey did a guide vocal with the band, and she recorded over it.

I thought I could find the LB only one easily but still searching my files. Might be on my old computer. Here is a version with Stevie and Lindsey both doing lead, with Stevie dubs. Pieces of this version made it to the final mix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhedT6lHzY

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-08-2024 at 05:52 PM..