Thread: One More Night
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s not a demo. The band played this live at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Details are sketchy. They did a couple of days at the venue on Sept. 3 and 4, 1980, just a few days after their final night of the tour. Lord knows why they did these two extra days — “for crew and friends,” the album says, though why the crew needed to hear the band play two more times after being on the road with them for a year, only the crew could say. So they played these two “shows” or whatever they were, recording “One More Night,” “Fireflies,” and “Farmer’s Daughter” several times, and I don’t know whether they played a full set or an evening full of blues or showtunes or what. Maybe the plan was to film something for TV or prepare a live album (at the time, the plan was to release the show on Sept. 1 as a two-LP live album). Maybe the plan was to add post-production to the very raw live tracks, like “Sara” and “Over and Over.”
Yes I know that, but I was talking about the version aleuzzi shared and mentioned it's a demo, and it's far different from the Live album version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I would have agreed with you until I heard the demo. That version is to my way of thinking WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the one that ended up on Fleetwood Mac Live.

It's everything I ever wanted from a Christine solo album, just her at the piano. The kind of tune you might find on a Laura Nyro album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

It was the first thing I listened to when I learned of her death.