View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I got the sense Bekka was remembering the exact words Richard said, but that he said them as hyperbole. She rambles a lot and some context gets lost for sure. Or: maybe she stinks at math!
She mentioned being the 13th member of FM which she wasn't. At best she would have been number 15 to that point. She probably didn't know Bob Brunning was the original bassist and forgot about Dave Walker or Bob Weston. It's a minor nitpick though.

This article was reaffirmation for me why I love Bekka. Of everyone who's been in the band, she's probably the most genuine, authentic and down to earth. I don't see how anyone could read this article and end up not liking her.

Stevie's comments about Bekka "oversinging" are obviously laughable and quite rich considering the source. Her REO Speedwagon comment may have been out of pocket but at the same time, I can't blame her. Who wants to be around constant in-fighting and nit-picking all the time especially when you're going on stage night after night. It has to be draining for someone like her who is so energetic when performing.

I'm so glad that like Billy, Bekka has a very positive perspective about her time in Fleetwood Mac when I think most people wouldn't had they faced similar criticism and been treated the same way. I really hope she can get some more music out. She has to have enough connections in Nashville for someone to release her material on an independent label.