View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

I’ll admit that I’ve listened to the Bekka era FM stuff less than a dozen times over the years but I love her as a singer and performer. I always think that she was just a bit off with her timing — a few years later, maybe she could have been a Natalie Maines or Carrie Underwood. Though Bekka has a plenty interesting career just as she is.

I have to say the snapshots we got of the band members track to me. Chris being lovely and generous about her music, commending Bekka on her judgment in avoiding Stevie songs, and Stevie being rude and jealous of anyone who got even a sliver of “her” spotlight. I was a little surprised about the Mick/John sniping but they are like brothers and were drinking so….

Mick strikes me as someone who is so personally charming and able to bring people together that his lapses into selfishness are forgiven by those around him. The way he fired Bekka was awful. And it’s exactly what he did when Lindsey left/was fired — he won’t be the bad guy so he blames the person who left and drags them. Stevie is just like Mick too — she has spent a lifetime charming people into doing stuff for her and putting them down mercilessly when she’s finished using them.

Also the benefit of hindsight shows that, despite the emotional drivel they sold in the promotion of it, The Dance was a management driven money grab like The Classic shows were and like the last tour with Campbell/Finn was. In some ways, the Time band was the last time they weren’t doing it only for the money.