View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My copy finally arrived today too. Wonderful to have the album back in its intended form, with the correct song sequence. It's like listening to an entirely different album than the earlier CD version. And nice to have the single version of "World In Harmony" - though I found all the echo on that track a bit disconcerting.

"When You Say" does stand out as easily the weakest track on the album, though I can't help but thinking how much it might have been improved by leaving out all the "la-la" vocals and just letting Danny's guitar do the talking. That's the main reason I prefer the Christine Perfect version, even though I'm not crazy about the strings on it.

Overall I thought the sound quality was certainly improved but perhaps not as much as I'd hoped. It would be interesting to hear how everything was remastered - what the source material was and who was involved in the process, for example.

The essay in the booklet was very nice, and I learned a thing or two in there. But even though we've all seen plenty of photos of the band from that period, it would have been nice to have included some in the booklet. Surely there must be other photos that have either not been published before or have not been widely circulated.

Reading through the booklet made me realize again how odd it is that for a band with as long and interesting a history as Fleetwood Mac, there really has not been a good in-depth book written about them. Peter Green deserves a better biography than the Celmins one, too.

Anyway, great to finally be able to listen to this, and I'm sure it will take a few more listens for it all to sink in.