View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
in honor of the winter solstice.

i remember when this aired live and the song was out.

who loves???

http://vimeo.com/14425066
I remember this too. I was 13 staying up late on a Saturday night for SNL. This was the second song played after midnight and I was holding my tape recorder up to the TV. The next day we went to the mall for after xmas sales and I kept playing the tape in our new 1983 Nissan Stanza.

Memories
I was surprised to hear this was the next single. Actually I was very disappointed because I wanted the album to continue success. While this TV version is awesome with the piano and singing, the album version is a dud IMHO. I would have loved to have seen Nothing Ever Changes or Enchanted as the next single. Having no video for the song also helped Wild Heart fall from the charts.

Little known fact: For one week (or two) Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie had solo hits in the same Top 40. I think Nightbird peaked at 33 and then fell. About this time Got a hold on me landed on the Top 40 charts somewhere in the low 30s. I remember listening to Casey Kasem to monitor Nightbird success and Christine's new song and he commented how rare it was to have members of a group have solo records on the same top 40.. Its happened before and he mentioned the times. This was early February 1984.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-21-2014 at 08:22 AM..