View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, Lindsey and Ken were together in the last couple of years when Lindsey won some award… Les Paul innovator?? or some-such award. Ken was one of the presenters. The video is somewhere on youtube, at least that's where I saw it. Awkward is certainly one word for their interaction.
yeah Ken kept talking about himself and his daughter, instead, as is customary and would be normal, and as everyone else did, about the guy actually getting the award . and when he gave it to him he kinda kept his distance and then Lindsey finally just said something that looked like "oh come here" and hugged him.

edit / additional thoughts: i rewatched the video. what i wrote above was my first impression when i saw that video back in 2011, before i knew anything about Ken Caillat, or what his relationship with LB was. when i first watched video, i was annoyed that KC seemingly was not focusing on the recipient of the award but instead on self-advertising (or daughter-advertising) and looked kinda distracted... also his speech seemed in such sharp contrast with Elliot Scheiner's. however now after knowing a bit more and seeing and hearing more of Ken Caillat, i think he just has that kind of nervous speaking style, abrasive, at least in public, and that he was actually, albeit awkwardly, trying to get across some really nice points talking about younger generation picking up LB's music, etc. also, again, when i first saw this video, not knowing anything about relationship between Ken and Lindsey, i was under the impression that unlike others, KC was not that eager to embrace and congratulate LB. watching it now, i don't see that anymore. it's interesting, stuff you notice not knowing any history - stuff which may or may not be there.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-22-2014 at 08:46 PM..