View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default kiln house

I was referring to Fillmore East at end of PG temp tour of duty that Peter played into the night.

I did not visit the left coast until five years ago, nice place to visit

I did see Fleetwood Mac the last time they were in NY with Jeremy Spencer

as for Kiln House:
Kiln House

I bought this Album when it was first released in US. My first FM album was Then Play On, I wemt back and bought English Rose /dog and dustbin re release as well as a double bundled FM in Chicago. These were released by Mike Vernon to capitalize on the belated press that FM got justt as PG was bolting. I must admit that I was playing catchup as i bought Mayall with Clapton/ and A Hard Road on the same day in 1969. While seeing Clapton/ Page/ Beck/ Hendrix/ Lee/ Bloomfield/ BB King/ Albet King/ freddie King/ Simmonds/ H Mandell/ Garcia/ Winter/ Trower/ Sumlin/ Kreiger/ West(he was a brooklyn local) / Jourma/ Cippolina/ Betts/ Allman/.Stills/ Young/ Townsend/ Richard hompson/ Kalb/ Bishop/ Cropper/ Garcia/ Santana...(did I miss anyone) I had never seen Peter Green live except hearing him once while hanging out at the fillmore east stage entrance on 2/11/70 (for the Greatful Dead Show with Duane Dickey, Peter and Danny).
I thought at the time (just from listening to the madge sessions on then play on that they were a better 1- 2 punch than the allman/betts or garcia/ratdog, bloomfield/bishop, Quicksilver, savoy Brown,or the two from moby grape.

Sooo ...when Kiln House came out I knew that Green was gone but I thought that Danny had such a great tone out of his Goldtop that he could shine on his own. When I hear the Album I was unprepared for what it played like. I had heard Mission Bell on the radio, Hi Ho Silver and Buddy Holly was, well, Buddy Holley.

Nowhere on the previos FM recordings did old school (I am dating myself here) rock and roll appear.

This is the rock this one gets better with age. Spencer has impeccable timing
Station Man we hear in short bursts Dannys guitar tone, nice tune, not very edgy though
Blood On The Foor Spencer at his satirical best
Hi Ho Silver nice rocker good cover
Jewel Eyed Judy Pop here we go (this is for you snoot)
Buddys Song Jeremy got this down good
Earl Gray simmered in the pot too long, but fortells of Dragonfly to come( I also think Dragonfly is Danny's erie best
One Together space filler, nice song
Tell Me All The Things That You Do What I was expecting when I Bought the Album to begin with
Mission Bell Nice Cover, strange ending track

thirtyeight? years later the album stands up as a contiguous whole, is as an album higher on the list than many FM releases with better press