View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The entire band is walking on eggshells not to piss off Stevie. Mick and John could never be and would never be "reduced" to guests. They made a point NOT to call it Fleetwood Mac. By doing so gave both Lindsey and Christine more freedom than ever. John just recovered from cancer treatment. I am sure he would prefer to rest before a huge world tour. I suspect both John and Mick prefer to give both Stevie and Christine and Lindsey their space. If they had joined to duo for the entire project it would have to be called Fleetwood Mac.
Don't be a hater because Christine and Lindsey love making new music together with any member of Fleetwood Mac that cares to join them. Stevie is out recycling old songs that sound much better in their original form. All the beautiful worlds was perfect and re-recording it just took all the magic from the original song IMHO.
I'm really ok that Stevie isn't on the new album. This has nothing to do with her. And I have no idea how the band is walking on eggshells in order to not piss Stevie off LOL. But I do feel like there's some revisionism going on here. This WAS a Fleetwood Mac album, and songs were recorded by the four band members while they were waiting on Stevie to participate. You know, like they did with Tango in the Night. It was only when they finally accepted she wasn't going to join them that they changed it from a FM album to a 'duets' album, with songs performed by the four members. You know, like Say You Will, an album YOU might say was by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, with guest spots by John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, but what I call Fleetwood Mac LOL. Remember, they changed the name from FM to Buckingham/McVie only afterwards.

But like I said, if Christine and Lindsey actually did record some songs without John and Mick, then my fears are unfounded, and I genuinely hope that's the case. So people don't need to assume I secretly hate FM because Stevie isn't on the album. I just want to make sure John and Mick didn't get screwed over in any way.