View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Junior Ledgie

I'm not a huge Jeremy fan, but I still like his stuff alot.

I probably wouldn't want to listen to a whole album full of Jeremy but one of my favorite FM albums is the debut and he plays a big role in that album for sure.

Green got the most of my favorite songs on that album but I really love the mix between Greens numbers and Jeremys.

"My Heart Beat Like A Hammer" is my favorite Jeremy song and it's a perfect opener for one of the best debut albums ever.

Going from Jeremys intensive rendition of "Moneymaker" to Greens sparse and soulful "Looking For Somebody" is great.

Same goes with "My Baby's Good to Me" into "I Loved Another Woman"

It's like going on a rollercoaster ride, a fun and emotional ride thanks to both Jeremy and Green.

But with that said of course Green was a much bigger talent than Jeremy and the best songs on that album is by Green, even though "My Heart Beat Like A Hammer" comes close to match some of the Green numbers.

On Mr Wonderful Jeremys started to sound a bit repetitious and without any real standout tracks it got a bit boring and is one reason that Mr Wonderful is a step down quality wise from the debut.

I love the playfulness in Jeremys voice, you can tell he had fun singing and playing these songs.

"MY HAAART BEEAAT LAAAKE AA HAAAMAH"

Oh and hello I'm a new fan to the pre 75 FM.
When I thought I couldn't love this band more, I fall in love with this era to.
(Please don't flame me for being a Rumours era fan )