View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
[Mission Bell] With Christine McVie singing back-up, it sounds like a Marty Balin/Grace Slick Jefferson Airplane song.
Marty Balin/Grace Slick <=> Jeremy Spencer/Christie McVie might be even more apropos me thinks.
Don't forget David LaFlamme/Pattie Santos, another dynamite duo from the city by the bay.

When he heard Tell Me All the Things You Do, he thought the song was incomplete. I think he has a point, it's just a verse without a chorus or bridge. I already knew that, yet I still love the song.

Same here. Hot guitar licks, nice pump, but the song is only a B compositionally. That's why I rated it as Good only. Earl Gray was toughest for me. That could go on either side of the fence, in fact it really should be Great but for its melancholy aura.

It was the B-side to "The Green Manalishi". You're right that it's more Kirwan than Green, Kirwan had the original idea.

Ah good to know. Peter probably rounded it out a bit.

Call me crazy but, I think Jewel Eyed Judy had an influence on Freddie Mercury and Brian May.

Interesting notion. Brian had such a unique guitar tone and style, and of course Freddie with his theatrical pop embrace... I can see shades of what you're getting at. Call it the intersection where May meets McCartney = *Kirwan Boulevard* lol

Hey slipkid, consider revisiting the 'Interesting Read' thread and tossing in your 2 cents on the question I left there at the end re the Welch+Weston duo. I'd be interested in your take on MTM, and why so many blues purists - bless their pointed little heads - are such snobs when it comes to giving "Welch love." Make sure you put a good ear to MTM before casting your pearls.