View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'm with you but I'm afraid that ship has likely sailed. The chance was the Deluxe version with the live performances added. After the brilliant tracks they included on the Tusk Deluxe, what they did for Mirage was a crime. Those tracks were lifted directly from the old VHS/Laser Disc/ HBO / whatever the hell it was. They definitely weren't cleaned up in any meaningful way and there's a little hiccup/cut in Sisters of the Moon right before "so we make our choices" starts. A travesty!

I'm afraid the best we'll ever get was that Brown Eyes and Hold Me were ultimately given live releases on The Live 1980 Deluxe edition. We also got The Chain from one of the shows at The Forum in 1982 but it's mislabeled as Richfield Ohio 1980.
I know, I know I am a silly dreamer. Someone is just really lazy or much of this material is destroyed or not owned by the band or something.
Its crazy that earlier tours have much more recordings both visual and audio. But the Mirage era is a blip even though it was a #1 album in the video age. They were really rushing through things to get to their solo careers and a much needed break from each other. I wish we knew why this footage is not around or given to the fans.
For example Stevie professionally recorded her solo tours in 1983, 1989, and 1991. But the drugs were so bad they were buried and then leaked many years later on bootlegs and youtube. Her 1986 show was lip synced to a live track. We have explanations. I demand a full FBI investigation of what happened to the Mirage footage. A live visual performance of Hold Me (one of the biggest hits of the 1980s) is as mysteriously hard to find as a sasquatch in the woods. Often heard but never seen.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-24-2024 at 03:42 PM..