View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
August 19th was exactly 2 months for me of eating right and exercising. Most of the first month was all about walking. The 2nd month consisted of walking and some jogging. This week has been mostly about jogging, though I move in a slower way than normal because my legs still aren't ready for the full throttle of running. I always travel 3.3 miles. For those first two months my legs were sore just below my knees and then I said to myself that even the professional runners do stretches before and after their workouts so I should try that also. Well that totally did the trick of removing the knee soreness. Some days I feel a bit stiff but at least there is no more soreness. I lost my first ten pounds in the first two weeks and then it took another six weeks to lose five more pounds. Those five pounds became like our gas prices. They went up, they went down. Up, down, up, down. I'd come home after a long humidity filled walk drenched in sweat, eat all healthy foods and then gain weight the next day. It was very frustrating. But despite the weight loss I started to notice a big change in how I felt about myself day to day. I have more energy(but still need more LOL) and sleep much better and find myself laughing a lot. My skin is clearer. I have been very inspired by some FB friend's for their own personal daily workouts. This week more weight has shed away and now in just 9 weeks total I have lost a whopping 17 lbs.
Congratulation Vivfox, 17 lbs are a very good achievement!
Don't worry too much about the specific number of the scale, when you slim down doing exercise it can happen that it seems that you're not losing weight or you actually gain it because you simultaneously lose fat and build/gain muscle and muscle weighs more than fat (fat is very light). Probably the jogging is building a bit of your muscle.