View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Sorry about all the quotes here .Just catching up.I went through alot of issues with hard drives over the years and spend $1000s and had a pro recovery company in Texas done the recovery on the drives and they recovered most of my data from the drives .Back up is mandatory and it should be done all the time.Shutdown all of those auto updates too.
Yeah, the engineer I first went to actually couldn't do anything and it turned out he actually made it worse, so I went to a professional recovery company and they decided to help for a miracle since they only worked with companies.
Basically I'm the only case they'e seen in which the Windows 10 update went wrong an it damaged my hard drive. The first engineer didn't know a thing of what could have happened so he just came back to windows 7 and then used a recovery data software. Still nothing and I payed him 30 Euros
Since when I came home I noticed some software didn't open and the recovery data showwed nothing I went to this company under my bestfriend's mother advice. When her office lost all the documents they called this company and they recovered everything, so I tried.
The two software engineers welcomed me just because it was during the holiday and they didn't have much work to do. They looked at my PC and asked me what happened and were scandalized because the previous engineer actually worsened the problem and my harddisc was obviously damaged. When they looked though the files they found some temp files of my bootlegs and said they were bootlegs collectors too, one of them was a Fleetwood Mac fan too and said they would repair my PC and use a professional recovery machine to find all the files possible.
I'm now searching through the recovered files and I'm happy that at least I've found some documents and pictures.