View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yeah, the engineer I first went to actually couldn't do anything and it turned out he actually made it worse, so I went to a professional recovery company and they decided to help for a miracle since they only worked with companies.
Basically I'm the only case they'e seen in which the Windows 10 update went wrong an it damaged my hard drive. The first engineer didn't know a thing of what could have happened so he just came back to windows 7 and then used a recovery data software. Still nothing and I payed him 30 Euros
Since when I came home I noticed some software didn't open and the recovery data showwed nothing I went to this company under my bestfriend's mother advice. When her office lost all the documents they called this company and they recovered everything, so I tried.
The two software engineers welcomed me just because it was during the holiday and they didn't have much work to do. They looked at my PC and asked me what happened and were scandalized because the previous engineer actually worsened the problem and my harddisc was obviously damaged. When they looked though the files they found some temp files of my bootlegs and said they were bootlegs collectors too, one of them was a Fleetwood Mac fan too and said they would repair my PC and use a professional recovery machine to find all the files possible.
I'm now searching through the recovered files and I'm happy that at least I've found some documents and pictures.
Yes .Its a PITA when a operating system Windows/Mac drive goes bad .All of my computers except this Dell that I'm on now I installed a second drive for onboard file storage.All the recovered files from my internal storage drive came back to me with no bad corrupt files.As for the op system drive it was more harder to recover files since they are inside the Windows program.I got back most of my files from those op system drives and some files were corrupt.My pro recovery engineer said if you have something wrong as your computer wont boot or virus problem.Don't turn it on or let it write anything more on the drive.It will make the recovery harder to recover files in whole.I had 4 drives recovered over the years two op system and two internal backup drives.one op system drive had a mechanical clicking sound in my first Dell .The others were from the bad mother board problems. in the same Dell tower with suppose a new mother board that went bad too. Which today I'm still shocked the he recovered my files like family photos /videos ,Stevie'Mac stuff.personal documents and other stuff you dont want to loose in cyberspace.My engineer also tried to recover an SD card for me but no luck since they are difficult when the internal control integrated circuit fries up.Which an new Nikon Coolpix camera fried it which I returned it for an new one..If the SD card was screwed up with software only problem .My engineer probably have no problems on recovering the files from it.AS long you dont add"write anymore photos and other files on it.You will have better chances on getting all of your files intacted .I hope this will help all of you in the future.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016