View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yes .Its a PITA when a operating system Windows/Mac drive goes bad .All of my computers except this Dell that I'm on now I installed a second drive for onboard file storage.All the recovered files from my internal storage drive came back to me with no bad corrupt files.As for the op system drive it was more harder to recover files since they are inside the Windows program.I got back most of my files from those op system drives and some files were corrupt.My pro recovery engineer said if you have something wrong as your computer wont boot or virus problem.Don't turn it on or let it write anything more on the drive.It will make the recovery harder to recover files in whole.I had 4 drives recovered over the years two op system and two internal backup drives.one op system drive had a mechanical clicking sound in my first Dell .The others were from the bad mother board problems. in the same Dell tower with suppose a new mother board that went bad too. Which today I'm still shocked the he recovered my files like family photos /videos ,Stevie'Mac stuff.personal documents and other stuff you dont want to loose in cyberspace.My engineer also tried to recover an SD card for me but no luck since they are difficult when the internal control integrated circuit fries up.Which an new Nikon Coolpix camera fried it which I returned it for an new one..If the SD card was screwed up with software only problem .My engineer probably have no problems on recovering the files from it.AS long you dont add"write anymore photos and other files on it.You will have better chances on getting all of your files intacted .I hope this will help all of you in the future.
You're completely right, and those are all the recommendation the last engineer told me, just I didn't know that also simple googling could be a problem.
Yeah, I should have made a backup but my PC is relatively new (2 years old on November) and since I had moved all my stuff from my old computer I began to save money for an external hard drive. I didn't want to do a back up with CDs because I needed more than 6 of them, so I was waiting until I'd save enough and then with my parents help for my birthday (the 30th of October) I would have finally obtained my external memory.
Unfortunately the Windows 10 Update started bugging me every damn time I opened or closed my PC. Since also everyone started bugging me that I was the only one not updating it for free, I decided to do it. The rest is history.