View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah--something else had to have occurred. LB and Mick have both referred to a general band unhappiness "about the way things were." That suggests an ongoing interpersonal and/or professional problem. I remember Rolling Stone article from 2015 (2016?) where Christine was astonished that they were still fighting, that their problems "should have been resolved a long time ago."
From what I heard on my end, she was not so much astonished (i think their behavior was almost expected by then) as just fed up and disgusted that the same issues were being rehashed so venomously, for so long, with no real progress ever made. almost anything became an issue to bicker over.

I think maybe LB feels some guilt at this point, as someone else said. maybe with the passage of time he can more clearly see his own fault in what happened...? i think he's the type who would like to be the one that said 'well I tried, i held out the olive branch, she didn't take it' so as to deflect some of the assholey reputation all that brought him?

At this point i would maybe like to see Mick doing something with Lindsey...? leave stevie and her drama out of it, she seems happy on her own. i think mick and LB might get some enjoyment of some sort of project together because they seem to get on well. hopefully mick isn't too desperate for $ and is living within his means. and imo John is just done and would have no real interest in playing again at all. I hope he is enjoying the hell out of his boat... occasionally smoking a relaxing joint as he catches tons of fish and reads some really good books, and maybe finds some peace in his lifetime of memories.

--Lis