View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Maybe initially.
Certainly, after the White album. As Stevie says they had never made that much money before and I'm sure the Brits were letting them know, "if you want this good thing to continue, you better stay in line."

But by the time Rumours hit, I don't think they were pushing Lindsey and Stevie around. Well, they were pushing Stevie, but not threatening her with being fired.

That's how Lindsey was able to get Tusk, because they valued him so much and they knew that he knew it. As for Stevie by then they knew she was a concert draw and that her songs were hits, so they valued her too, but she has said that they treated her like the little sister and I think that's true. They were always telling her to be quiet and stop pestering them, so to speak. I mean, that's how she ended up in Sly's bedroom, more than likely. Someone probably said to her, "oh my goodness! Can't you just go somewhere and be quiet for like 10 minutes." I don't think anyone here ever thought that Christine didn't boss Stevie around just like everyone else. We've seen and heard her do it. So, it's no surprise it was going on when there was no recording or video as well.

Actually, I don't think most people think of Christine as perfect because she is an angel or saint. I think they think she is perfect, because she jams with the guys, sings like a starling, has a sarcastic sense of humor and a brusque streak. In most cases, she's not loved because she's good, she's loved because she's BAD. I don't think anyone ever thought she wasn't a drunk given to throwing drinks in peoples' faces back then. It's part of her legend.

As for Stevie, when she found her solo success, she enjoyed the power she had over all of them. That's why she said things like they were all like nervous cats on a hot tin roof, scared that her solo career would jeopardize FM. Even though she had FM hits from the very beginning, until Bella Donna came out, I don't think she or the rest of the band realized she could make it without FM.

Michele