View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
Yeah, there is some additional salvageable information from this source. She mentions how around 20% of the audiences were unreceptive to the 1971 lineup without Green. "That gap is very hard to close. Sometimes we just don't make it. I think the audience are wondering what we are going to be like. Before Peter ran the band. Now there is no leader, we just take turns. Obviously, some of the people miss Peter's guitar playing. But then, the sound is different now and other people have said that they don't even notice he's missing."

She also discusses the house in Benifold and how Fleetwood Mac eventually plans on installing a recording studio there in the near future.

Here is the full article: https://web.archive.org/web/20160101...v2&id=1047&c=2

Thanks for the link to the article. Hadn’t read it in years and forgot most of it. One thing: the note about 20% of the audiences not being receptive is specific to UK and possibly continental audiences. By contrast, the US tours, by her own admission, were going well:

……

How have things been going since then?

"The American tour was very successful," she said. "Next time we go, all being well, we should clinch it over there. We're happy together, and I'm involved with the music and with them as people. We've all been living in the same house for months..We've (Danny, Jeremy and myself) been writing songs together and then deciding who's going to sing on them. The group is definitely more integrated than before; it used to be three individual people writing and singing their own songs. We will be doing a lot of our own material, but there will be some old songs as well. I enjoy playing and singing blues."

How has the group's sound changed?

"I think it has mellowed out," she replied. "There aren't two wailing guitars any more-there's just one. Jeremy is playing slide guitar, which gives a different sound. I think my piano playing makes the sound thicker, more mellow. Maybe we don't play so loud as the old band."

What has audience reaction been like to the new band?

"At about 20 percent of the gigs there is a definite barrier," she admitted. "That gap is very hard to close-sometimes we just don't make it. I think the audience are wondering what we are going to be like. Before Peter ran the band. Now there is no leader, we just take turns. Obviously, some of the people miss Peter's guitar playing. But then, the sound is different now and other people have said that they don't even notice he's missing."