View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
Winwood has said in interviews that Mason never gelled with the band, as indicated by his sporadic departures from the group and his failure to appear on several songs written by the other members. Here's a quote from Mason's Wikipedia page:

"We all [Winwood, Jim Capaldi and Chris Wood] tended to write together, but Mason would come in with a complete song that he was going to sing and tell us all what he expected us to play. No discussion, like we were his backing group."
I have read some Dave interviews with him looking back on his short time with Fleetwood Mac. He enjoyed his short tenure but he spoke about 2 major frustrations with the band. He complained that every member in the band had their own manager which made it tough for the band to make decisions. Too many competing interests. Second he talks about Chris not touring with the band. He does not say anything bad about her but was irked that she would not be going on the road to promote the album with them especially sicne she was given almost half the songs. I can see and understand that frustration. Its that same frustration Lindsey felt when Chris offered to take part in SYW and not tour. Its a major buzz killer for a band because you feel hollow because the road show is not going to be the same band from the studio. It just was an odd situation because Warner demanded Chris be on the album. Lastly he talks about his frustration with Warner never promoting the album. It just was dropped without any fanfare. So while he did not say anything, I can sense he felt the band was duped by the record company. They demanded Chris be on the album yet when it was finished and came out, they walked away from it.