View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Wait? Is the line "I wish it *from* myself" or is it "I wish it *for* myself"?

If the former, I find the line non-sensical; and I suspect it was initially written as "for myself" (which is coherent but seems selfish) and then changed to "from myself" [which does not seem selfish (or at least seems less selfish), but is incoherent].

The way I read it, it makes no sense to say to someone, "I wish you well, but most of all I want to stress that these well-wishes are coming from me."

Well yeah, of course they are coming from you. You're the one saying them. From whom else would they be coming?

As I say above, I suspect the problem arose from revising the initial line from "for" to "from" out of considerations of optics.
You are 100% correct. In concert it sounds like she says for myself but she can be sticking to the word from. My point would remain the same i.e. the best kind of love is giving. Giving love to someone is a much more powerful feeling than receiving love from someone. So she is wishing for this.