View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Thanks for sharing!

And check her pads during Gold Dust Woman!!! Looks like the theme of the concert was DC Comics! And she didn't dance that much during the instrumental segment. She danced far more and better in 2014. It's obvious 1990 wasn't her best year.

I love Rick's performance, thought I'd change his haircut

At the end of Songbird, Christine just said "God bless everybody, goodnight!". I mean she didn't mention the city, as I have seen in some videos. I also remember she thanked NYC in 1997 at the end of Songbird, and her voice kind of broke.

For those who have been in a lot of concerts, was the city mostly mentioned in Songbird?
That central/eastern part of PA is called Lehigh Valley. It encompasses Allentown, Bethlehem and Nazereth. So its hard to pick a city you are playing. She played it safe and did not dare guess exactly where they are playing. During the Landslide dedication even Stevie says, "I usually dedicate this to someone here but I dont know anybody here so I will dedicate it to all of you." I am sure Rick Vito had something to do with putting this stop on the Farewell tour. This is the area he grew up in. Its better to not say a city rather than guess and get the wrong city or pronunciation. In this video after The Chain, Christine shouts "THANK YOU PENNSYLVANIA."
Its funny that you mention Rick's haircut. The Pittsburgh Press also trashed both him and Billy's haircuts calling them the new guys that replaced Lindsey were not too bad but had horrible Italian haircuts. I thought that was such a weird criticism. Sure enough over 30 years later another comment about his hair

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-17-2023 at 05:01 PM..