View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, lots of things to note here.

1–They don’t sound bad at all. The musicianship is pretty strong. Consider the core trio of Fleetwood and the McVies during “Love is Dangerous.” The way the keyboards work in tandem with the rhythm is classic FM. Parts of the song sound a lot like a live recording I have of “Child of Mine”! Vito is a great player.

2–Both women are in very strong voice. I noticed that, per usual, Stevie perks up during Stand Back, but she’s honestly quite solid throughout. Christine sounds great! And her vocal fills on “World Turning” and “Everywhere” are the most extroverted I’ve heard her live. She’s delivering a lot there.

3–The band sounds like a very good cover bar band on “Stop Messing Around.”

4–Billy leaves no real impression (negative or positive) on me here.

5–Despite so many of the parts working together, I see what so many of you have already noted, a clear lack of a coherent identity. On its best days and in its best lineups, FM already sounded eclectic, all over the map. But, visually and aurally, Lindsey’s obvious chemistry with each of the other four made it work. Vito’s technically a more polished and versatile player. But Lindsey’s energy and commitment to the music is irreplaceable.

6–That moment when a male fan tries to grab Stevie was bizarre, even terrifying. That she kept going without missing a beat was impressive. Was that a common thing—for fans to jump on stage and seize hold of her?