View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymac View Post
I respectfully disagree. I say that, because I am not aware of it being fact how John feels, or if that's the main problem, however, if there is such proof, please let me/us know. As for OPINION, I would agree that a big riff is McVie/Green but not for the "Peter warning Chris" thing- in docs I've seen on the subject I get the impression all parties considered Peter's "warning" to simply be a friend looking out for friend(s). I get the impression Peter felt John could not handle marriage at the time (and it would seem he was correct). While John may not have liked it at the time (and I would even debate that) I would figure he has long since "forgiven" Peter for that.
Here is my question, why (or how) did Peter Green come back to replace Jeremy Spencer's sudden departure on a long U.S. tour 2/1971? According to Fleetwood Mac mythology, Peter Green "lost his mind" (aka John McVie!!!!) in Munich 3/20/70. Yet Peter Green during the late winter/spring tour of 1971 created some of the greatest jams you'll never hear today. That four hour "BMW" jam from the Fillmore East needs to be found!! FM made the Grateful Dead, and some Allman Brothers jams sound average! Let's not forget what Peter Green did with FM in 4/70 in London.

My "hypothesis" is that Peter Green jammed with prog rock (Krautrock) bands in the basement of that house, Munich 3/70. Green didn't lose his mind, he was discovering a new musical side. The rest of FM felt very threatened. Do the research, after "EOtG" came out, Mick Fleetwood blasted it as "didn't Hendrix already do that?". The truth is, not to that exploratory level.

To upset Mick and John, Peter Green wanted OUT of Fleetwood Mac as early as 1969. Clifford Adams (manager) convinced Peter Green to stay

Last edited by slipkid; 02-22-2011 at 02:41 AM..