View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I took a quick glance at the set lists on Wiki. I know they dropped this and that, but the sets were great on paper. You had all the hits, of course, but also the long-lost additions:
  • Black Magic Woman
  • Tell Me All the Things You Do
  • World Turning
  • All Over Again
  • Hypnotized
  • Isn’t It Midnight
  • Man of the World
  • Blue Letter (at one concert)

I don’t think the performances on Don’t Dream It’s Over or Free Fallin’ or I Got You were great enough to warrant including any of them in the set, but whaddya gonna do?

This all proves, to me and once again, that it doesn’t really matter what they play as much as how they play. Put some spice or novelty in it, and you can play anything — even Peaches & Herb.
I agree. I never thought Mike's style ever really gelled with the '75-'87 material. It's nothing against him, he just wasn't the best fit for that material. The blues stuff? heck yeah! I think Rick & Billy were a better fit for that Rumours material.

In terms of how they played the material, in my opinion the setlist created a hodge podge/ junk drawer experience. I think they picked up on the weirdness of the setlist relatively quickly, but falsely blamed it on the pre '75 material and the amount of it.

This is how I'd organize the show. Ideally I would cut I Got You and Don't Dream, but if we had to keep it - this is what I came up with.

The Chain
Little Lies
Dreams
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Everywhere
Rhiannon

PRE '75 SET
Man Of The World
Black Magic Woman
Tell me All The Things You Do
Hypnotized
Oh Well

BAND INTRO > New Member Material
I Got You
Don't Dream It's Over

Monday Morning
Isn't It Midnight
Landslide
Storms
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way

ENCORE
World Turning
Don't Stop

ENCORE 2
Free Falling
All Over Again

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-26-2024 at 03:23 PM..