View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm reading and hearing the music morphed into something that it became clear the material they worked on together informed them this would be a great duet project. And then outside circumstances happened that were coincidentally pushing it that way, too. (like SN, not wanting to be a part of it)

For example, one of the songs LB worked on w/ Mick and John, was an instrumental that Christine took and wrote the lyrics and the melody. And things like that continued to happen during the 2014 sessions.

Fleetwood Mac material has a way of finding a home no matter what. Lots of times it's the other way around.. solo >>>> FMac.

I'm eager to hear what the final product is. Hopefully, more info will be forthcoming.
i think all these posts above list nice justifications. and maybe they really changed it all when they went to finish the album at the end of last year.

but you know what? in 2014, when they composed and recorded those 7 songs together, it was gonna be a Fleetwood Mac album. the whole 2014-15 tour they were trying to talk Stevie into joining and adding her parts. in 2016 Stevie was saying they have all this material recorded and she will join and it will be a great FM album. then at some point she definitely decided not to and they decided to finish it and put it out without her.

they can backtrack now all they want to make it sound all planned. i have to assume they finished the songs in a different way than they would have if there was 5 and not 4 of them. but let's not pretend it is not a Fleetwood Mac album. it is. just by a different name, so that Stevie can still be in Fleetwood Mac and tour with them in 2018.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"