View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

1. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but it seems I was wrong.

2. What seems sexist in your post is:
By what you said it seems that you are implying that her appearances on TV were flops because she was fat. Not because she sang badly but because she wasn't pretty and thin.

3. Also I'd like to point out that music history is full of singers that are both great singers and overweight.

4. Such a delicate and dangerous theme should arise pity, compassion and understanding, not judgement and scorning.

5. It doesn't work like this, it's controllable but what does it mean? Addiction is a deep psychological problem...

6. Also I'd like to say that a woman in her 40s isn't old.

7. The general meaning of your post seemed that a singer should be getting back in shape before having to be seen in public.
1. The benefit of a doubt? By calling me a Troll?

2. Those television appearances did nothing to help her image. And it's more
than weight. She seemed very fragile, which I imagine she was.

3. You're right there are many singers that are good and also overweight. And
most that hang around long enough end up overweight. Which is sad, be it man
or woman.

4. I've had great compassion for her. During that time period I would have
preferred her to take care of herself instead of releasing new music to us fans.
The only "fan" mail I've ever written, was to her. And I think it was after seeing
her during that time I was very concerned. I was afraid she was going to pull an
Elvis on me. It was basically me asking her to take care of herself and not
worry about us fans. That her health was more important than her music. It was
nice, polite and the most heartfelt letter I've sent someone that I didn't personally
know. You'll have to forgive me for making this so personal. I just wanted her to
be well.

5. I never said addiction was easy to beat. But she let it cheat her out of a decade
or so of her life. I still think it affects her songwriting abilities till this day.

6. A woman in her forties is very old for a music career. Same for a man. Check
the Billboard Charts. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

7. If she wanted to protect her image she should have stayed away from the public
until she was better. The combination of her physical image and her less than stellar
musical output put her legacy at risk.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I believe I'm speaking the truth.