View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THD View Post
He was the manager from the very formation of Fleetwood Mac surely

Just because his ex missus got his assets (or more likely just some of them ) in a divorce settlement ,does not necessarilly mean she got the rights to any recordings - though she might have of course She may have got the publishers split on the songwriting I'm also unclear about whether any record company can officially release a recording without having the permission of everyone involved in that recording** ? ( There are certain British TV progs which have never been repeated because just one cast member refused to give his permission ,for example )

** perhaps you can enlighten us on that subject Jeremy ?
Jeremy knows the truth, but I bet WB was not happy when PG left. WB also knew that without PG, the expected 2LP live album would ruin the current (post PG) FM. Peter Green did "The End of the Game" to get out of his personal contract. That should've been the BTP live album.

I am convinced if the BTP live album is released in late 1970, we do not know Lindsay Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks as members of FM.

I just find it curious that the BTP recordings in their proper form remastered didn't get released until 1999. I think there is a direct connection to the Clifford Davies divorce settlement.