View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think it is the star effect. Stevie is talented, but mostly she is or was a star. Christine was a great artist. It's like Alec Guiness, who was a GREAT actor, but Rock Hudson was a star.

Besides I don't know how much Christine wanted to be a star. I guess she was fine with the kind of popularity she got.
That's a really key difference between Stevie and all the other members of the band. Sure, Stevie had a more flamboyant stage persona, but she also chased being a "celebrity" in ways the others didn't. She actively chose to hang out with and be seen with other celebrities, to date other big stars, to do all these outside collaborations with other rock stars.... she was tremendous fodder for the gossip columns. The others got mentioned when out doing promo stuff and maybe for showing up at awards ceremonies and such, but when they were off duty they were pretty much gone from the tabloids. Even though Chris dating Dennis got some mentions in the tabloids we were not bombarded with pics of them out to dinner, out shopping, etc. The first I personally recall seeing any pics was in the People mag article about the band as they were gearing up promoting Tusk. Stevie absolutely CRAVED fame, and made it her goal; the others did not. She may be the only one (certainly of the 3 songwriter/singers) whose name is recognized by most people without adding "of Fleetwood Mac" after it. But that's not by accident. She deliberately made herself famous for more than just her music. So when she cries about not being able to go out, or no personal life etc etc etc.... well, be careful what you wish for.