View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I bought the tape with my babysitting money...

..and you're right that the low ticket demand worked in our favor....when we got to great adventure i remember we walked into the little ampitheater area and I told my parents we had to sit in the bleachers, because I figured people had tickets to get close to the stage. turned out hardly anybody came and we were able to get the hell out of the bleachers and walk aallll the way up to the stage and i was practically in the front row too! i think i was maybe in the second row, it was hard to tell w everybody standing and i was short lol. but omg i never thought i'd be so close to her. we made eye contact several times, i was in heaven also....

i remember the concert goodies they sold , i bought a little pin that said 'Christine' w some music notes on it, and a white tank top that had her songs listed in small black writing all over it, i think w music notes on it, too. i don't think i was ever brave enough to wear it to school but i wore it during the summers at home until my boobs got too big to fit in it anymore...damn shirt shrunk. i think i still have it saved upstairs. and the pin, too.

and i took crappy pics w my disc camera that i still have as well!

--Lis
I had a disc camera too. But I used it for the Tango show. Like you we also were able to move down really close during Say You Love Me to close the gap with the unsold seats.
I have the Jackson show on CD. It was a very famous bootleg sold all the time on Ebay in the early 2000's. I love her banter about the name of the town. Her dedication to the park for the teens that died in the fire was touching.
I just remembered. All the ticket winners were entered into a drawing to meet Chris back stage. They were giving out 2 winners. I had a panic attack because since I wont twice I had a better chance than anyone to win one of those prizes. But I did not win I would've had to do my Willy Wonka "I've got a golden ticket" song and dance to the concert hall. We got to see her tour bus that was beautifully decorated and named "The Challenge" painted on the side.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-28-2024 at 07:04 PM..